The Korean Government is offering Scholarship to outstanding Undergraduates and Graduate students at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in 2019.
The Purpose of this Scholarship is to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
English Language Requirements:
International applicants whose primary language is not English, or who attended school in a non-English speaking country, must prove English proficiency.
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Higher education institutions in Korea are largely divided into junior colleges (2~3 year program), universities (4-year program) and graduate schools.
In recent years, with the development of information and communication technologies, cyber universities that deliver education in the format of e-learning are also growing. Graduate-level programs (master’s and doctoral degree programs) are generally provided at 4-year universities.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship benefit are in different categories
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language Courses
- Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean language proficiency
- Research Support
- This benefit has a different amount allocated to them. Visit the website for more details.
How to Apply
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Graduate: February 1, 2019. to 11th March 2019 Undergraduate: September 2019 to October 2019 (To open in September 2019)