The 2019/2020 fully funded Austrian scholarship is currently open from qualified applicants. Which covers grants and research promotion for Undergraduate, Masters & PhD students in their respective fields.
The 2019/2020 Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Republic of Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
Area of study or research:
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Application Deadline: September 1st 2019
Type of grant:
- The scholarship program provides grants and research promotion for students. For the Semester and/or one-year grants, Research grants
- The scholarship is funded by the Government through the department of education.
- Undergraduates,Graduates,Postgraduates,PhD students
- Funding organisation: OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria
- The grants covers a 1 – 4 months period.
Requirements: Eligible candidates for application are to meet the following below
- Descendents of forced labourers under the Nazi Regime (regardless of their country of origin)
- or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- on their bachelor thesis
- on their diploma or master thesis
- or their dissertation.
- No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after September 1, 1979)
- for other students: 35 years (born on or after September 1, 1984)
The quota depends on the budget
Grant benefit paid:
- Monthly scholarship instalment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Accomodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accomodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office.The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- Fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs.
For More Information: